- This event has passed.
Henderson Special Election : Candidate Filing Period
January 23 @ 8:00 am - January 26 @ 5:00 pm
Candidate Filing Period:
Monday, January 23 to Thursday, January 26, 2023, 8am to 5pm.
Candidate filing is by appointment only and will open Monday, January 23, at 8am and close Thursday, January 26 at 5pm. Those seeking to run for City Council Ward I are not officially declared a candidate until they complete and submit their candidate filing packet in person to the Henderson City Clerk’s Office. To make an appointment, call the Henderson City Clerk’s Office at 702-267-1407.
Requirements to be a candidate for Henderson Council Member are:
- Must be a qualified elector.
- Must be a bona fide resident of the territory which is established by the boundaries of the City of Henderson for the 12 months immediately preceding the last day for filing a declaration of candidacy.
- A resident of the ward which he or she represents for at least 30 days immediately preceding the last day for filing a declaration of candidacy.
Candidate Filing Packet Contents
- Candidate Filing Checklist
- Declaration of Candidacy (required)
- Candidate Contact Sheet
- Nickname Sheet (informational)
- Public Media Sheet
- Code of Fair Campaign/Practices
- Expense Report Requirements (required)
- Contribution and Expense Acknowledgement (required)
- How to Create an Account in Aurora & How to File
- Political Signs & Your Highways (informational)